Based on the picture above ask yourselves the following questions:
• Identify the construction features of the building that will help to increase or decrease fire spread.
• List any construction features that may impact the safety of crews operating in or around the building.
• Identify size-up information. What does the situation tell you?
• What is the Benefit to be gained by taking the Risk?
• Is this a Go or No Go situation?
Are there any other considerations to assist our decision to Go or No Go? Is there anything else to add? We hope to make this a frequent topic on this blog.
As always if you have any pictures or ideas to submit please send us an email at email@example.com. Thanks to JJ Walsh (Batt 7/A) for the info above.